My ex hasn't contacted me but said he wants to remain friends. Do you think he didn't really mean he wanted to still be friends?

So this guy I was seeing and I broke off sexual relations (we never were official) and he told me he still wanted to be friends, as he wasn't ready for a relationship now and he said sleeping with me felt wrong (I think it was guilt over not being my boyfriend). He said he still wanted to be friends when I last saw him two days ago, but I have yet to hear from him. I told him then that I would wait for him to contact me first, so at this point I can't send him a text or anything of the like. Do you think he hasn't contacted me because he doesn't really want to be friends? Or do you think it has more to do with his feelings/pride?
2
2