Can I just ask if he wants to break up?

For the last 2 months of our relationship my boyfriend has been withdrawn. Barely talks and is too busy with work to make time for me. Not to be clingy but I do expect to hear from my boyfriend at least once a day.

I feel like the only way I can get him to respond is by being blunt. Do you think it out to ask point blank if he wants to end things?

As much as it would hurt to have him say yes putting up with the neglect is killing me. Though I want to hold out hope it will improve.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• i had this same problem with my ex. it turns out she flirted and kissed other guys during this silence period. im not saying this is your case, but you do deserve attention and you should talk to him about it when you get the chance. best of luck and a happy relationship :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's better to just ask him what he feels the reasons are for his change in behavior, let him know the problem is creates for you, and see if there's a compromise to be made.

It doesn't sound, necessarily, like he wants to break-up. It sounds more like other things are coming up in his life and you guys have not found a balance yet that works for both of you.

Then YOU decide if it's something you can live with. Maybe it's just a temporary work issue, or he's very focused on a specific goal or project that is not a permanent thing.

What Guys Said 3

• I would ask him. Its terrible having that sort of neglect. But whatever happens, you'll pull through

• Hearing from your boyfriend once a day is reasonable request... yes you guys do need to talk..

• you should tell him that you need to show me more attention and you need to talk to me more

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!