She behaved like a total bitch during the breakup. Should I give her a piece of my mind 4 months later?

Hello everyone, here's my situation

First off, excuse my English, I'm French.
To make a long story short I moved out to live with my girlfriend (at her house, 300 miles away from my family) almost 4 years ago and she wanted to breakup this February. During the last months of the relationship and above all during the breakup, she behaved like a rude bitch towards me while I tried my best to make the breakup cordial. I didn't understood her rudeness sinc I accepted the breakup and I didn't do anything against her.

It's been 4 months now and I blocked her on Facebook (she had removed me from her list of friends when she told me that she wanted to breakup). Even that didn't hurt me that much but I blocked her for her rude behavior in general during the breakup.

With that said I do have unresolved feelings and I w'd feel much better if I told her in a facebook message that she behaved like a bitch. I've moved on from the relationship but this bugged me ever since and I know I w'd feel much better after having told her that because she really was very aggressive and rude toward me during the breakup even though I tried everything to keep it cordial.

So, do you think it's a good idea to tell her that?

Thanks for your opinions

34

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have unresolved feelings then whose fault it is for not moving on? Yours. You don't have to prove anything to her. You haven't moved on from the relationship because if you did, you wouldn't be having those feelings. Be honest with yourself. If you have this much of an issue, go speak to a professional counselor. Your ex is not your counselor to share your bitterness to. No offense. But when you do stuff like this it becomes a whole new level of pathetic. She isn't going to care. In fact, if she has took you off and block you, how are you going to reach her? All she has to do is screenshot everything you sent her and press charges for harassment. Leave her alone and truly move on. That is my advice.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • She didn't block me, she removed me from her facebook friends during the breakup. I blocked her a few days ago. To send her a message, I just have to unblock her, send her a message and block her again. I won't insult her, I'll just say that she the way she behaved was very low, that's it. Even if she doesn't care, I know I'll feel way better after that.

• I'd say have a go at it.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it won't change anything. In fact, quite often it is our ego that tricks us into thinking that anger, or reactive behavior can make anything better. It won't.

The reason why you feel you want to do this is because her behavior bruised your ego. Your ego would have much rather ed you fought fire with fire at the moment, but the need for giving her a piece of your mind is still something your ego craves.

Personally, I'd take all of that resentment, channel it and let it out in a positive manner... turn anger into strength and muscle through training. Or do something creative. Punch a punch bag or paint.

We can decide how to channel our emotion, don't let your ego decide that for you...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes my ego is bruised and I agree that we must not let our ego drive our actions. In my opinion, a simple message is way better than putting hours in palliatives like art or weight training. Like I said to astoriana and btbc92, I won't lash out or get angry, I'll just tell her that her bevahior was very low and I'll get right back into my life. I don't need anything else.