How do I stop wanting to be friends with my ex? And how to stop loving someone who doesn't love you back? We've only dated for 3 and a half months. It was my first relationship. It's been 4 months now since the breakup and she's still consistently on my mind. Before, we were best friends and now we've both entered the no contact rule. After the breakup I sent her some letters saying how much I would want to be friends when I'm ready. I'm still madly in love with her and I don't know why. At this point I just want to get her out of my mind and move on. I want at least one day where I don't think about her because then I'll know I'm over her.

21

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, i think if you truly want to move on even though you still have feelings involved, you need to cut all ties. It will be hard and painful, but i think thats the only way. Try blocking their number and social media sites. doesn't have to be forever, just to help you get over her.

• I dated this guy (who was also my best friend) for 5 months and after we broke up we agreed to stay 'friends'. Of course this 'friends' thing doesn't usually work and now we're just acquaintances. Hurt a lot as i still loved him but eventually i got over him. You can try asking her how's her day or school work? Don't mention about you still having feelings for her. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 1