Why do feminists listen to gangster rap?

My ex is dating a new guy who likes gangster rap with a passion. She's always been a feminist and got mad that I even listened to some of Kid Cudi's songs, and now she listens to Kanye and Kendrick and Drake and has tons of vulgar slut glorifying songs in her playlists now. I think the new guy is a rebound. Is she becoming a slut or just trying something new? Or maybe she's just trying to avoid any music that reminds her of me? We were together for 3 years and she likes indie music, Sufjan Stevens and Gregory Ivan Isakov, what's going on?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• bruh... mabey she jus likes the beats😐... I'm not about the songs I jus love da way it sounds n the beat... O. O

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they're idiots.

What Girls Said 1

• I think people just change preferences. I am a feminist and still listen to all that gangsta shit cuz guess what bruh? It all jus music.

• She was never that person though, she cared a lot about what the songs were saying about women. It's like one of her life's purposes to be respected and that women aren't degraded in any way

• Why does it matter if she's your ex tho lmao?

• I've got another post about the whole deal if you wanna check it out

What Guys Said 1

• Because they want to seem like they support black people even though they don't know shit

• They just want to give that impression to themselves and to others.

• What does SJW mean? I don't know that phrase

• It's a derogatory term for someone who is obsessed with arguing about race and gender rights, "social justice warrior".