He left and now I'm wondering if I made the right choice?

My ex moved out a week ago because I wanted space. Now I'm just terrified of regret. We were together for 9 years and have two kids together. There were good times and bad. He was emotionally abusive and manipulative. As a result I have a shattered self esteem, no friends and a lot of work to be done. I did wrong too, not trying to point any fingers. But I just can't seem to get past the past. He realized all the shit he has done and for the past year he has been an amazing partner, but he crossed a line a couple of years ago that I didn't know was there and ever sense I haven't felt the same. Even though he is an amazing man now, I don't feel the way I used too and so I told him my feelings have changed for quite some time and I felt I needed space and didn't want to be in a relationship. Of course he is upset, it makes me feel guilty. I still care about him, I just don't have any romantic feelings toward him anymore. We are still going to therapy together and we still talk because of the kids and such. It's just been difficult and sometimes I question if I made the right choice.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Id have to ask if your pregnant at this point...

• Sounds too early to be making a decision. Continue going to therapy with him and talk it out. The therapy sessions will help you decide

What Girls Said 1

• It's really hard to see the positive changes when the past has been so dark.
    My husband has changed heaps for the better but it was really hard for me to see it.
    Feelings are feelings and they can't be helped.
    Lots of luck sweetheart