Is monogamy realistic or is forgiveness the only way to succeed in having a real relationship?

Should we just accept that our partners will eventually slip up one day and most likely so will we and be forgiving when it happens as long as they are sorry? Or does loyalty truly exist in today's society?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Monogamy isn't realistic, but that doesn't mean we should accept cheating. It just means it's time to move on to a different person.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many couples who have never cheated on each other. Including marriages of people together for decades. It IS possible. You just have to meet the right person because the right person will not cheat. It takes a special breed of people to be OK with cheating.

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• No way. Cheating is not at all accpetable. No one should give second chance to cheaters, even if you forgive them, do not forget what theu did. Just end it immedietly, without asking for explaination.

How can you justify cheating, saying that "we all cheat, you might also cheat in future, i will forgive you then, you forgive me now"

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not justifying it I'm trying to be realistic

• Nope. If you definitely wanna cheat, it is better to just not get married. Stay together as long as "you are not bored" and then find new partner.

• Of course it exists. You're just looking at the wrong guys (or girls).

1|0
    0|1
  • If thats what you want then accept it, If not then don't. Yes it really exists.

0|0
    0|0
    • how do you know

• Show All
    • but who's to say they never will

• there's never a guarentee from either person. thats what the effort being put into a relationship is about. does depend on each others character a little as well

• monogamy is realistic

1|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 1

• Loyalty definitely exists! Though, if your man/woman slips up once, it is OKAY. Unless they are repeat offenders! If they do it again, call off the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
Loading... ;