How to break up with someone over the internet?

I just want to break up with this guy but I'm scared I'll hurt him. How can I break up without hurting him too much? We know each other from internet that's why I can only do it like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Breaking up always hurts, unfortunately, so there's no getting away from that, sorry! Hmm... write to him, and let him know that you're not interested in him anymore, or have found someone else, or are going in a different direction to him, or aren't compatible. Whichever is most true. It's not easy, and I respect that you don't want to hurt him. But you've just got to be a bit selfish, and know that you're doing this for you, and you'll hurt him more if you're not honest and straight up with him. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not do a Skype call? I know it seems easier on YOU to do it just over text or something but it doesn't make it easier on them as they may have questions and then a phone call will be better for them to understand and feel free to ask questions. Ask yourself what you would appreciate hearing if someone was breaking up with you.

• We never skyped before.

• Well then it's probably a good idea to do so for it.

What Guys Said 15

• "How can I break up without hurting him too much?" - oh my sweet summer child..

There's no painless breakup unless the other doesn't love you anymore when you do it.
    Heartbreaks happen - you and he should deal with it. Just explain briefly what happened, why things didn't work out, etc.

You should come into terms of the break up, and he should come into understanding that you no longer have feelings for him. Then cut communications to each other - this will make moving on a lot faster.

• Searching for a painless way to break up with someone is like searching for the Land of Oz.

I appreciate how you don't want to hurt him, but don't allow yourself to be scared of hurting someone when it is inevitable and must be done.

Be polite but very clear and direct.

• Well, my advice is make your self communicate less to him online than eventually he should get the message that your not no longer interest in him.

• State a reason. Never say sorry, bye because it may give (he thinks of) there's still a chance to save the relationship. Block his fb if he using it.

• Tbh online dumping sucks it's rude and immature. Your probably going to hurt his feelings anyways unless he's okay with it and understanding

• A break up often hurts. Just face it.

• I think that would be easy just type it in and it's done

• through Skype.

• The longer you wait the worse it's going to get

• just write a nice message and send it to him

• As you do in the real life but using keyboard

• Is he a stranger, classmate or what?

• "I think we should break up because ______________."

After that you can ignore him, block him, do whatever you want, but if you value him as fellow human being, yes, you do owe him at least that.

If you're honestly concerned about his feelings don't ever ghost anyone. Ghosting is reprehensible, it will hurt his feelings both ways but if you ghost him you're contributing to a toxic culture.

• Best way is in real life, but you can ease the hurt by doing things to make it clear ahead of time that you have lost interest in him. Communicate less, be late for things, blow him off for another thing and make sure you go with people who will tell him you were with them, etc.

• How did you know each other online

What Girls Said 9

• if the only contact you had with him is internet connection you wernt really dating. if y'all had met in person I would tell him in person or by phone call if distance is an issue. don't try to sugar coat it by being all nice and sweet be honest with him. it's going to hurt no matter what but being straigh honest will be more respectful

• Just be polite about it. State your reasoning for the break up. Don't lie and also remember to be genuine. Don't dismiss the way he's feeling either.

• what in the world is knowing each other from the internet...

• Call him and sing him "gotta go my own way" from high school musical 2

• just ignore him.

• Don't feel bad for doing what you need to do.

• It's rude but if you want to get away from him then by all means..

• it will hurt him less in person

• Just be honest and tell him the reason, offer your friendship