Boyfriend just pulled out of our overseas trip 2 weeks before we need to go because his daughter is upset that we are dating after 5 years what to do?

Boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years however has kept it a secret from his eldest daughter who is 17. Why I never really knew but allowed it to be that way. It gets complicated because my boyfriend and I also have a child together and even though his daughter knows about our child they have never met mainly by her choice not wanting to meet her half sibling and it's my understanding she believed that her father and I were no longer together either.
my boyfriend and I along with our child were suppose to travel overseas in 2 weeks so 48 hours ago my boyfriend finally told his eldest daughter about the trip and going with us. Today my boyfriend pulls out of going on our trip after everything is already booked and paid for and also ends the relationship saying his heart is being torn apart and he can't keep doing it to me, his eldest daughter or himself because it's killing him. That he still loves me but it will never work because of how His daughter feels.
Lost and confused what do I do about our child? The trip we planned as a family? With the knowledge he does still love me but his claiming it won't work?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• WTF? He can't walk away, he has another child with you!!! His daughter is just being a drama queen. She is upset and doesn't like you because she thinks you are trying to replace her mother, which of course, isn't true. Your boyfriend has handled this poorly since day-one. For sure, the trip needs to be cancelled unless this can be smoothed over quickly. I think it is time for his daughter to face reality and accept she has a half sister and her father has the right to a life with another woman. It may be time to get a professional involved here and focus on helping the daughter. Sounds like it could be a beautiful family if she could accept you and her new sister. Good luck!

What Guys Said 7

• Your boyfriend sounds like a wimp. He could not come clean about his life so he could protect his daughter form "hurt feelings." If he cared like he should he would never got in a relationship. Besides his daughter is old enough to understand that he can have a love life. His daughter sounds like someone who's been spoiled by daddy and wants to make sure he stays only family to her.

Tell him that he needs to pay for everything that cannot be refunded and that he needs to tell his son why they can't go. No more lies either, man up and be truthful with your descions.

• its not that it won't work because of his daughter... she is 17 and will get over the fact he lied for so long. what i would sight as the reason it won't work is that he is obviously a fucking idiot.

• Sorry, I can't believe this.

• Is she attractive? That's what we're all wondering

• because he is letting his daughter stop him from being happy if she isn't happy then neither is she

• That's fucked up. Can't help

• he has another bitch on the side

What Girls Said 0