Leaving a manipulator?

My ex was manipulative, but for the past year he has 'changed'. Honestly he is a lot better. But the aftermath of how he treated me is still there. I still constantly worry about how my words or actions are going to affect him. I feel like I'm not meeting his expectations. He no longer puts me down, but my esteem is still pretty low. He is confused that I still feel this way even thought he has changed and I tried to explain that these things don't just 'go away'. We are going to therapy together, mostly because I am afraid he will hurt himself if I just cut things off quickly. He has already moved out, I can't help but feel guilty. Sometimes I feel like giving it another chance, but part of me is afraid that his changed ways are just another part of the manipulation. I feel bad because he is such a good guy now. Super supportive and caring. He didn't resist moving out because he said he wanted to do anything he could to help me heal regardless of if we end up together again. It's all so confusing and some days I don't know what I'm doing.

21

What Guys Said 1

• people don't change they just good at pretending who you want them to be

What Girls Said 2

• What's the question?

• manipulators stay that way they just moderate their ways of manipulating if your gutt is telling you he has not changed he pron is not careful nd he's going to therapy good but he needs to be honest with wantimg to change if not he never will