Friends with an ex?

So I ask my ex to hang out as friends but he told me he has something planned that day so I said we should try another time and told him I miss hanging out with him. He said he has plenty of time to meet and I just have to tell him when I'm available. I told him I'm free most of the time also.

We haven't been together for almost three months but we kept contact on social media. At this point I don't know if he's just being nice or he really wants to meet sometime.

But I guess since I took the initiative to ask him out this time maybe the best thing is to wait for him to invite me in return? If he doesn't I'll just assume he doesn't want to be with me and forget about it. I really don't want to sound too clingy or desperate to hang out, I just want to spend some time together without any expectations.

What do you think about it?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like your not over him. If you still like him then why not try again with him. by the way it sounds, i think he still likes you to.

• I really don't know, I think he still likes me as a friend but I'm not sure if he really wants to hang out. I hope he will be man enough to ask me out if it does. And maybe I'll give it try. If it turns out hurting me I will regret it, but I prefer to regret if it goes bad than regret doing nothing xD

• sounds like a good plan:)

What Girls Said 1

• Practice shows that it is a very bad idea to keep hanging out with your ex. Especially only three month after your break up. Nonono. It seems like you are not over him and it will hurt a lot.

• At this point I really don't know if I'm over or not :/ I haven't seen him in a while I don't know if my feelings will resurface again if we hang out… I know it's a risk to try it and I see your point