Friends with an ex?

So I ask my ex to hang out as friends but he told me he has something planned that day so I said we should try another time and told him I miss hanging out with him. He said he has plenty of time to meet and I just have to tell him when I'm available. I told him I'm free most of the time also.

We haven't been together for almost three months but we kept contact on social media. At this point I don't know if he's just being nice or he really wants to meet sometime.

But I guess since I took the initiative to ask him out this time maybe the best thing is to wait for him to invite me in return? If he doesn't I'll just assume he doesn't want to be with me and forget about it. I really don't want to sound too clingy or desperate to hang out, I just want to spend some time together without any expectations.

What do you think about it?

Friends with an ex?
1
1