Ex problems. And he said this back to me. What does this mean?

OK so I told my ex I didn't want to be friends with him anymore because I knew I would gain feelings back again and I didn't want to get hurt. Then he said I really want us to be friends and I said why. and he said because I like u. OK does he mean like me more as a friend or just like me as a friend he didn't specify and I said the feeling is mutual so he know I like him but he just said he liked me but I don't know how to take it like as in more then friends or just like as a friend. What do you guys think?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could go both ways that have mentioned. He may truly want to keep you around as a friend, but also might be doing it to string you along and keep you around.

A lot of people say that exes can't be friends, which is true a good portion of the time. But there are people who can manage it. I think you should tell him that you just need some time away to regroup, and then allow him back when you feel you've been able to get over the entire thing. When you don't get away from that person, sometimes those lingering feelings stick. But it depends on you and how you work. I know if I had feelings for someone and have been given time to get away from them for awhile, when they come back into my life, those feelings have become non existent. Not sure if it'd work for you, but you could give it a shot.

What Guys Said 3

• This is the beginning of a time when guys realize they can manipulate women. He doesn't want a relationship, but he wants to keep you on the hook. I'd say it's too difficult to have a friendship with someone with whom you still have feelings. He wants to stay friends because he knows he can keep your interest and you still like him. I'd say cut him off and move on. He's just going to drag you along, and keep you from meeting other guys. You don't need that guilt and have him holding you back.

• im in tht guys position myself. he probably at this point just doesn't want to lose you completely. I say just give it a chance as friends

• I have before then we get right back to were we are because I start to like him again. And I don't want to start to like him again.

• Idk what to tell you, if you tht happens you obviously like him, bu from what I read sh*t went down in the past. I spoke my mind, but its ultimately your decision

• who dumped who?

What Girls Said 3

• It means he wants to keep you on the hook and is not listening to you or respecting your feelings. My ex and I parted ways completely because it was painful trying to be friends and it just caused me to want to be back with him. There really is no good reason to be friends with an ex. Friendly, yes, but that would only come up if you run into each other. Beyond that, find friends in others, not an ex. It is just a bad idea.

• If you really, truly do not want to have a serious, intimate relationship with this guy, then you need to let him go, and he needs to let you go too.

There is nothing worse than trying to meet someone new and have an old relationship still hanging around... be gentle, but firm, and let him go...

• I'd say that he just likes you as a friend. If he meant more than a friend then he probably would have said it. I agree with DevinSno that he probably just doesn't want to have you completely out of his life.