If you and your ex are done. is it ok to ask for the things u gave him as gifts back and if so he does not return what does this mean?

and why is he keeping the gifts from his ex. when two people r done n the ex blocked his ex out of whatsapp and instagram... then in his head they r done. so if she's asking for the stuff back... y isn't he returning it?

411

Most Helpful Guy

• when I give a gift to someone (not just my girlfriend) never ask her to give it back to me. but if someone ask me to gave her gift 100% I gave it back, and if I lost it or break it I going to buy new one and gave it back. in my head its very bad to ask someone to return gift

Most Helpful Girl

• No, a gift is a gift. Unless it was given with conditions you don't ask for it back after the relationship is over

What Guys Said 10

• I dunno but she got everything of mine when we split, my furniture, my kids, my car, all the jewellery I bought her and every other trinket and bauble

• thnx!!!

• Loonball. Feck is the matter with people these days? One in the hands worth 2 in the bush. No creepy pun intended

• right!!! n he never met this girl... only online!!! ... doyche he is!!

• Not gifts I don't think. They are gifts after all but if the dude has other stuff then yeah get the shot back you didn't give him!

• no i get it its a gift but y keep a gift from an ex when the guy ended it... return it when the giver is asking for it back... right?

• I don't know dude... but the best thing you can do is stop. askong these questions and say fuck him. If he fucked up and you don't want him back then don't waste energy on him

• alright. thanks

• It was a gift, short of a wedding ring I don't really think he is obligated to return anything or vice versa.

• No that's fucked up. You can't give someone a gift and then ask for it back because the situation changed. It's a gift, not a loan.

• as judge judy would say a gift is a gift and so you can't take it back

• well the girl paid for it.. n now believes he no longer deserves it... so why he would kp it if he left her.. m

• yes it was a loaner bc he didn't buy and asked me.. if i broke it off i would respectfully give it back if my ex for it. i wouldn't it keep it bc y have a memory of that?

• that's not what a loan is just because he asked you. its only a loan if you establish he has to pay it back otherwise its a gift by default

• A gift is that - a gift. You can't ask for it back, regardless if you've broken up.

• It means she's an indian giver who does that... and im part native so I don't wanna hear any racism by that my comment shit lol

• whats an indian giver? no racism intended. she just wants the stuff back bc she feels no longer deserves it.. bc he's an asshole!!

• Yeah lol maybe he will will look at it and reminisce on how he should of treated you better always better to take the high road in my opinion

• well my karma wish is that he and his new bitch both get burned... n wen he realizes his loss... i have moved on!! best karma right loll

• That's a b. s. move. A gift is a gift. An engagement ring is different in my opinion but everything else is there's.

• Depends on what it is, how was the breakup... How spiteful he is.

• he left the girl bc he thinks she is doing other men... married when she is not and he misunderstood a situation. plus he's talking to a girl in another country n they have nevet met

• A gift is a gift
    You don't take back, that's petty

What Girls Said 3

• What kind of things are we talking?

• Let it go

• it is better not to ask for anything