How to end a relationship when he keeps refusing it?

So i have lost feelings for my boyfriend of 4 years, we have 1 child together. i have tried to make it work but i can't, he doesn't try and i have nothing left for him to take. i have been trying to find myself as i feel very confused. Anyway i have broken up with him on several occasions and he just keeps brushing it off and acting like nothing has happened. we live in my dads basement suite so why would i move out? if we didn't i would just leave... and asking my dad to help kick him out isn't an option. I just do not know what to do anymore...

Most Helpful Guy

• This is happening quite common nowadays. We are going to have a generation of bastard children with single parents occupying our planet. And then those children will grow up and repeat the same mistake like their parents did. It is a never ending vicious cycle which can only be stopped if the child manages to break it. We can expect a rise in MGTOW and feminists or broken homes with broken families.

You can't exactly kick him out since you aren't the owner or the one, who rents your home. Get your shelter and only then you can have him out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, I understand losing feelings for a guy. I go through that. But before I jump to the conclusion I want to end it, I look for a reason to stay with him. I try to get new ways to make me fall in love all over again. Because a lot of people can end a relationship or marriage but only a few can mend things. But I don't know the situation. Secondly, maybe he is considering the child in this case. Growing up a child isn't easy alone and yes you don't mind having him pay but it's not about the money. Maybe talk to him try and reconnect with him. Don't just throw away a four year relationship. Make sure before you make the decision to throw it away you really want that for both you and the child. ☺️ it's just my opinion

• i have tried, i thought i explained that well enough. I have tried sooo much to make it work and force myself to love him. its to late, if he didn't want to loose me and my love then he shouldve tried earlier. but he doesnt! he has no motivation no drive, there's no romance or touch in our relationship. its a lost cause. i am happier by myself

• but i already know whats going to happen. he will just brush it off and act as if i am being crazy

• Don't be mean but be firm. Let him know you want him leave. Then if it calls for desperate measures talk to your dad. I wouldn't suggest the cops as it is not a life threatening issue

What Guys Said 3

• Tell him to get out and if he doesn't call the police. I hope you'll be smart enough to get court ordered child support and visitation scheduled

• there's no need for that. he is a good guy i just dont love him anymore. and i already told the first time i broke up with him that all i want is 150 for child support and he can see my son whenever he wants. there's no need to battle. another reason why im confused as to why he won't take it. i am being reasonable

• no i just don't want to get cops involved, he isn't a bad guy i just don't love him. you are SO fucking annoying. can you leave me alone now

• @B-enaorn you don't get it. Reptocarl is trying to help you using the only method you have.
      How nice of a person he is is not the discussion, you ask how to end the relationship if she's unwilling to leave. Cops or your dad are the solution and as long as you let him walk over you your not getting out.

Calling the cops doesn't mean what you might think it means. Obviously you won't call 911 but the local police station. Explain that you just broke up and he refuses to leave your house. The cops will then show up at the door, ask him politely to leave. If he complies nothing is wrong, he will leave the house and the cops go away. If he refuses they will likely ask him more firmly and tell him the consequences if he still refuses. If he then refuses to cooperate he will likely get arrested.

In other words, calling the cops on him doesn't mean he gets arrested. They will first attempt to stop further escalation by asking him to leave the building before going in arrest mode.

• He doesn't get to just blow you off and you don't need his permission. If he's going to play this shitty game, just pack your things and leave while he's out

• Oh simple!

Dear Boyfriend,

I'm out, fuck you for trying to stop me.
    Leave me place or i call the cops.

Sincerely,
    B-anorn

And then stick to it no matter how hards he pretends you are still together, you equally tell him your not and stop acting like you two are. A relationship is over when one of the two involved leaves, he is literally impossible to stop you from ending it even if he pretends to.

What Girls Said 15

• I think its wrong that he is brushing you off, if you can't have your father as your landlord kick him out, you need to do a bit of research and find out how laws work in your state, the cops maybe able to help you kick him out.
    it sounds like you've made things clear, but if you haven't already prove the point, move out, tell him to leave, cut services etc, I don't know if you can, but it sounds like you have to step your game up to handle him.

• I'm not sure why kicking him out isn't an option. That's really the only option when you no longer want a relationship with someone living in your house. If not, then you need to move but given it's your dads house, that would just be ridiculous. Besides, it's going to be very hard to date new guys when you tell them you live with your ex.

• Have you tried sitting him down out of the house and telling him exactly how you feel and that you think the best way to raise your child is to seperate? Does he have family could you talk to them. This might be slightly drastic but could you pack his stuff and take it to his parents house and explain that you have been left with no option you need space from him

• i suppose i cohld try taking to his family. and i have had a big talk with him the first time i broke up with him. it was long and i was crying. it was intense but he just went back to normal. but talking to his family might be an option i think. i just dont know how they will take it. he already has a child with another girl and is fighting to see his other son. i dont want them to assume i will do the same because i wouldn't.

• I explained exactly that the last time

• Try speaking with his family good luck

• Just start dating other people. He will get the hint eventually. If you already broke up with him, just start treating him as a roommate. Because that's what he is. It's not your fault if he chooses to remain in denial.

• Pack up all his stuff and leave it at the front door..

• I'm assuming he's not paying rent. So let him go to work / out. Change the locks. Put his stuff outside. Leave him a note saying "hope you get it now".

• Please leave. The situation is unhealthy now and willl only worsen in the long run.

• Change the locks one day when he's out

• Make him move out. Sister, get a back bone. Make him move out.

• Tell him straight. At the end of the day it's your dad's house.

• You need to keep in mind the fact that the two of you have a child and that child needs both parents. You need to talk to him and figure out a way to co-parent without being in a relationship and be ready to explain to your child why Mommy and Daddy aren't together anymore.

• You're stuck because you have a child together

• just end it and never talk

• Do the no contact method

• You need stand your ground and be very firm, telling him he needs to leave. Give him a few days, tell him he needs to sleep on the couch upstairs in the meantime. Why can't your dad help you? Or someone else who lives there?