Girls, if I keep forgiving my girlfriend even if she didn't apologize, will she sees that as a sign of weakness?

my ex used to say very hurtful things when she gets upset for god knows why and when she calms dowen she talk to me as if nothing happened and never bothered to say anything to make me feel better, even if i tell her that i am mad with you for what you said to me she will act as if she dosent care at all she will make it clear that it doesn't matter what i feel she will not apologize or try to make things right with me.
i know women get emotional and talk it out and that never bothered me becouse i loved her so much and i will say whatever i can to make her feel better but to reach to the point that she says very hurtful things and she knows that i am very sad and hurting and she dont even bother to make me feel better is too much i think ,, i dont need an apology i just want to feel that i matter to her, i want to feel that she cares about my feelings, i want to feel that she dosent want to loose me.

i broke up with her because of this issue and i still love her but what she did realy brakes my heart, i am not tring to get back to her, but i want to ask was i too sensetive? was i impatient? i dont mind to let this go and even i will say what it takes to let her calm down because i know she didn't mean those words but she should at least show that she cares about how i feel, i dont want her to see this as a sign of weakness.
i need to know the women point of veiw
3