Ignoring your girlfriend to break up?

Is that a good way to break up, to not text her again, or should I tell her I'm breaking up with her?
She's not gonna text me first because we got into a fight and I always have to text her first when we argue so I know if I don't text we're not going to talk again.

• Ignore her
    8%(6)8%(8)Vote8%(2)
  • Tell her
    92%(65)92%(89)Vote92%(24)
I should tell her face to face, right?

Most Helpful Girl

• You would be a real cowardly snake to not have the human decency to tell your girlfriend you wish to part ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with @meandane you should just tell her. That way it's quick and doesn't leave either of you with any sort of uncertainty.

What Girls Said 25

• You're better off just telling her. At least you can say you broke things off instead of ghosting out on her. I understand that she doesn't text you nor inititate but it's always a good idea to tell the other person if you want to break up lol

• Who told you that was a good idea? Let me guess, same people who decided not to put a suitable amount of lifeboats on the titanic?

• I would not initiate contact, but wait for her to write first. When that happens you can tell her that you want to break up. If it never happens she clearly doesn't deserve your attention.

• Don't be a dick. Tell her, you coward.

• Tell her!
    Ignoring her just to break up is so shallow. She deserves to know why you dont want to be with her anymore. It would give you both closure too.

• You know how cruel that is? I mean you're already Mentally prepared for the breakup. But her.. She's still in love with you and you're playing with her emotions! Shame on you. If you can't break up with someone why get into a relationship in the first place! That just shows you're immature. My ex did what you're thinking of doing. And boy oh boy did I lose a lot of faith.

• Come on, don't be petty. Just break up, you're gonna be done with her after, so what does it matter that you always text first.

• Don't be a pussy.

Tell her. You big baby.

• I hate that. Means that guy has no backbone and can't at least be honest and say what he wants or doesn't.

• Don't be an ass and tell her.

• You should come out and tell her it's over.

• You need to talk to her! Ignoring her is just aggravating the problem.

• No don't be passive aggressive and just tell her

• Just get it over with and tell her.

• Just tell her, I know you feel bad but just do it. Be honest.

• Unless you're 12, tell her face to face.

• Talk with her in person and comfort her for a while

• tell her. just tell her.

• just tell her that you want to break up

• Whatever

• you're gonna give her mixed feelings and she's not going to know what's going on. if you really want to break up just do it and get it over with

• Only cowards and idiots do that. Be a man and go tell her u dont wanna be with her. Give her a reason why. Be prepared she might be shocked or in denial or may cry. She will eventually accept it if you do it nicely.

You know my ex did that to me over text. That just made me bitter and lose faith in love and relationships. It made me so bitter that I normally dont hold grudges against people and let things go but I had no closure. My revenge became horrible for him. I was on a date in a cafe, and apparently he was as well in the same place, but the girl never showed up and he saw me moved on happy hot and fit, he was freaking jealous and started coming after me.

• dont fucking do that shit it fucking sucks my last boyfriend pulled that shit on me

• Text her. Or even better, talk to her. As by ignoring her she's probably just thinking your arguing

• Isn't it better to break up face to face?

• Ah I see I thought you meant by phone.
      Thanks

• No, personally I've been basically cut off like that and it's worse as you question why

• Just tell her that you want to break up cause just ignoring her is wasting her time.

• I should tell her face to face right?

• yes. Calmly explain why you think that you should break up with her.

What Guys Said 6

• Do you want to think of yourself as a man who lacks the courage to confront her and tell her that it is over?

• Don't be a coward. At least let her know that you want to break up

• Seriously dude? You're an idiot! Tell her.

• No, she'll keep trying to come back to you as she'll hold on to the hope that you're still together. Tell her

• Only unexperienced teenagers think that the good way is to ignore her so she's gonna be the one who breaks up and won't get hurt.

• Oh and tell her face to face

• That's true. I will tell her face to face. I've done that other times I've had to break up but this time it's different. But I should still do it face to face.
      Thank you

• You're welcome man.

• if you ignore her she's going to be devastated