He is a Marine and I don't know if I want to take the risk... Should I try or just let him go?

I met a guy when I was in Wisconsin and he's really cute. He works for the free flying ride and I want on with him when he was working. He asked for my number and we started texting. he stopped texting me for a while but we started texting again and he told me he's going to the marines in a year. He also was asking why I deleted his number and him off Facebook. But he keeps posting his status as miss her already and miss her but I don't know who it is about? I told him I didn't want to get hurt and start liking him and then him just leaving to the marines. After I told him that he said why can't we be friends... should I try to be friends or should I just let him go and never talk to him again?
0
2