If he isn't over his ex girlfriend, should I dump him?

I went on this date with a guy I genuinely like. We were just talking about life and everything so his recent breakup came up naturally - they were together for 2 years and it wasn't his choice, she met someone else and continued to string him along after so I guess there is a lot of hurt there. But I can tell he isn't over the situation his Facebook is still only pictures of him and her together.

I really like him him and I do think that he is more suffering from a hurt ego than missing her, in which case I don't mind going out with him as this will pass.
but if he is still in love with her...

I don't know what to do in this situation?
Be empathetic and patient or tell him I think he needs more time before dating...

21

What Guys Said 1

• If he is hurting from being dumped and strung along, then calling it off with him will only compound his pain. Nothing like being dumped by two different girls in a short time span to help out a person's confidence and self-esteem. I'd suggest talking with him and being honest that you wanna make it work and if he's still in the grieving stage then you're gonna be there for him to work through it together. Sometimes it takes time to move on from girl to the next and if you stick by him he might move on to you quicker than you think

What Girls Said 2

• Dump him.

• Sadly you've been caught on the rebound, therefore it might be a good idea to back off slightly to give some space and time, so as to observe from a distance what may transpire.