Why can't I stop crying over my breakup?

My boyfriend of 5 years just broke up with me. I am in so much emotional pain right now and cannot stop crying! Just when I think I feel okay, I start thinking about the breakup and burst into tears. My parents are trying to cheer me up by encouraging me to go out, but I feel like I'll have an emotional breakdown if I do. I just want the hurting to stop!

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you gave your life to a guy and he broke your heart. You're sad. Its normal. Cry it out, when your ready then you go out. But also don't sit and mop around for weeks on end.

• Thanks for the MHO! How are you holding up?

• I'm doing better. Just taking everything day by day and surrounding myself with friends and family :)

• Awesome! Keep doing that and things will get better day by day 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry for you :( I know this doesn't help much now but time WILL heal you. All the best :)

What Guys Said 4

• If you're going through a breakup, the best thing you could do is to occupy yourself. Anything is fine, as long as it doesn't remind you of that relationship.

Hobbies including handing out with friends, making new friends, or art and sports can take your mind away.

You're going to have to forget this whole thing ever happened.

• 2 words will get you over this hump... Fidget Spinner... have you forgetting about your heartbreak in no time

• You'll have to give it a couple of weeks. Going out might not be the best idea. Depends on your own personality. Some people would prefer to just stay home and cry while watching TV. But you will get over it and realize it's probably for the best.

• It normal and natural. It hurts, but you do heal.

What Girls Said 1

• It's okay. Time heals all wounds.