My mother got divorced for not wearing hijab ! Thoughts?

So my family are muslim americans and my mother wears a hijab. She was married 2 years ago to an arab man and last week my mother was on vacation with her friends in dubai and my step dad saw a picture (below) her friend uploaded on snap chat where she was wearing a bikini so when she got back she got divorced for it.
i really dont know if actually what happened was right or wrong, my mother is so sad and i wanted to ask what your thoughts are My mother got divorced for not wearing hijab ! Thoughts ?

610

Most Helpful Girl

• people stop it it's a fake duh
    that woman has thousands of followers on ig, google reverse...

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, that's the way some people view today's world still. Isn't it your custom and religious believe? But I'll tell you one thing, & I mean this with the utmost respect to you, but your mother would have to do a lot more then what she did for me to divorce her. Why did her so called "friend?" snap chat, or snitch chat her picture?

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly no one is wrong. Your step dad is a Muslim as well as my self and family. Your mom isn't fully in the religion. It's his choice to divorce or not. Because he seemed really devoted (Islam does not allow those type of clothing) and also Islam followers believe the women should cover their body (which only allows their husband to see). Maybe a hasty decision as divorce should have been a last choice since I believe communication the the key in a relationship. But your step dad Is devoted to Islam and he may not want someone as such so instead of forcing her, he let her go

• Loser much

• I don't think any of then did something wrong. If he doesn't want a woman acting a certain way, he has the right to avoid her. I get that she's sad but it simply didn't work.

• that questions doesn't sound real to me

• That's not a bikini. It's a standard one piece maillot, french cut.

Frankly, I think it's good riddance if she gets rid of a husband pressuring her to wear modest attire she doesn't want to wear. I'm sure she feels very sad right now though.

Her husband is just a petty tyrant, and guys like that should not be married to other people.

What Guys Said 9

• Well as an ex Muslim, I'd say she gotta move on. Her ex husband is clearly a devout Muslim who follows his religion orthodoxly. It's neither wrong or right. At least her ex husband didn't hit your mother or did something crazy.

• they are not comaptable, he wants a girl to follow the teachings of mohammed but she wore the swimsuit and broke them, she wanted to wear the suit. it's for the better.

• I just think this is one of the reasons I disagree with the religion but I also am pretty sure that women are allowed to not wear a hijab when there are no men around so isn't the guy in the wrong religiously?

• Nothing wrong with divorcing her for that. He doesn't want that in his life and he doesn't have to have it. It's his choice.

• I would smash your mom with the force of a thousand virgins. Holy shit.

• Your mother made a mistake. she's is well aware of the modesty customs for those who follow that religion.
    she shouldn't have had that on if she valued her marriage. It isn't like she doesn't know.

• Like srsly you put a bikini pic of your mom? Lmfao that's soo fox fake news

• It is stupid.

• Shows how much religion is