My ex boyfriend and I called it quits and promised to get back together. Does it ever work for anybody?

We (21 & 25) dated for 7 months. We called it quits due to circumstances we cannot control. We tried to work it out but I grew tired of our seemingly dysfunctional relationship and it made me withrew emotionally. When he was emotionally unavailable, I was, and vice versa. We were always the opposite. It was tiring, one-sided, and made me feel unsure about whether our relationship is salvageable.

We broke up. And for the past 3 weeks, he was trying so hard to get me back. But I was unsure and told him I needed some time apart. Weeks passed and I was still unsure, because I know our problems would still be there. Maybe permanently. But we both still love each other so much. Last week, we decided to break up for now and fix ourselves first. It was so hard for both of us, so we promised to get back together when we're both more mature and can fully commit. I told him he can date someone else, but he refused and assured me that our time apart would only be to make him a better man and focus on his work.

We still talk sometimes and he has told me he still loves and deeply cares for me. But it feels like he's avoiding me and I'm confused. We planned to have coffee yesterday but he didn't contact me at all. Now I don't know what to do. Can anyone enlighten me? I'd appreciate it so much.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• you both are focusing on a string that may connect you two but it is not worth all the bull shit you have.. you may love each other but that does not mean you are good for each other.. sounds like you two need to have 1 last night and get it outta your systems and move on afterwards

Most Helpful Girl

• If there's even a tiny part of you that doubts it, then listen to yourself and don't get back together

• Don't you trust yourself? Listen to what your brain and heart is telling you. Not what strangers are saying

What Guys Said 2

• yeah, but I'm 13

• Go with your gut feeling, it's usually correct. Either your feeling it or not..

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!