Why are men so complicated?

So my ex of 5 years broke up with me last month. I didn't see the signs, but now I think about it.. he has wanted to leave for a while. I am completely heart broken.

Anyway, we where living together. the day he moved out, he was very angry and took most of his stuff. however it took a few weeks for him to come back and get the rest of his stuff in the house. leaving only a car in my garage. I asked him to only collect his stuff when I'm in work as the break up was hard enough with seeing him again. it would break me more. then last Wednesday he messaged me saying he couldn't come when he said the two days previous and would come on the weekend (when I'm off work). I said no which he didn't care and said he would. then said if I'm gonna be there with the lad I'm fucking.. he won't leather them.. (why would he do that when he doesn't care)

I replied with well I'm not fucking anyone and he is the only person I've slept with ever and why would be do anything. I said this to him as well as telling him he through me away and he's the one who left. he said it was my fault ( the only thing I was guilty of was trying to spend time with the person I love, he never wanted to)

Anyway so I then texted him to ask a rough time, to make sure I wasn't home. he ignored it twice. I came home Friday and the car and stuff from the garage was gone. however he hasn't left the house keys like he said he would.
so I messaged him asking if he left them somewhere. 3 days later and I've still got no reply.

I don't understand what he's doing. everyone keeps telling me that he is playing with my mind.

*I can't change the locks as it's rented, I've already asked.* even though he broke up with me, I trust him not to do anything with the key. I just don't know why he would want to keep it? and why ignore me when I ask for it?
Why are men so complicated?
3
2