How long does it take you to get over someone?

It's really hard for me does anyone has tips?

2855

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no specific answer, there are too many variables. It depends on the individual, on the length of the relationship, the intensity of feelings involved, the nature of the breakup and the circumstances that you both find yourself in after the breakup.

As a worst case scenario example, if you had been together for 10 years since your early teens, you had just found out that you're pregnant, you had a house together and you broke up because you found out he had cheated on you with your own sister, that might take a long time to get over.

Best case scenario, your relationship was drifting, your heart was never really in it and you kind of like someone else anyway. That might take you only a week to get over.

It all depends on those variables. It also depends on your strength of character and on how you go about trying to get over it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Lmao @ worst case scenario

• Will do. With cinammon, and vanilla ice cream. Just for you. Yeah, I'm a people pleaser.

• Ehh without the cinnamon please and you're the best!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same boat right now, so I feel your pain. Everyone is different, just like it is for people mourning the death of a loved one; it's a grieving process. I have my good days and my bad, but I know I am slowly healing each day. I would recommend getting rid of all things that have a connection to your ex; pictures, gifts, things you shared together. It will help you not to have a constant reminder of them, which triggers those feelings. I also found it therapeutic to write a letter expressing all of your feelings about the breakup. Even if you don't send it to your ex, it helps get those feelings off your chest. I hope this helps, and remember, you WILL get through this :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE