Post-Break Up No Contact - what could it mean?

The situation is as follows: the relationship lasted roughly 2 years, I decided to call it quits because I was severely lacking attention (and by that I mean being stood up on, sporadic texts exclusively late at night, after the day's work is done, not a single invitation to a date for more than a year, etc). I wanted to remain friends and expressed it; my ex admitted to my complaints being fair enough, but claimed to still love me (in his own internalized way). He hasn't contacted me for weeks, although I clearly left the door open. Guys, what are the real reasons of not contacting your ex after a break up? Please help me figure this out.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Like someone else said, he wasn't making the effort while you two were together so he's not going to make extra effort once you've ended things with him. Either way though, you deserve someone who will treat you how you treat them and he clearly wasn't doing that so keep looking :)

• Obviously we don't contact our ex because we don't like her and want her out of our lives

What Girls Said 1

• It's not like anything has changed. He didn't really text you or make plans with you while you were together - why would he suddenly change and contact you all the time?