Why do some people not know what they want out of life?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on their age. A 20 yr old will likely have different reasons than a 40yr old.

I've seen a number of people, who don't have direction, who were pressed so strongly by family (or community) that they never have the time to discover themselves and find what they want.

Some people who grow up in poverty or small towns never really believe that can reach for something more. They don't have a role model for anything different so they just follow the path everyone else has.

Another reason is codependence, the individual loses them self in their partner. Once the relationship ends they are left floating and lost.

Others are just flaky or haven't taken the time to experiment and find the right path. Having kids early unexpectedly can be a big one that derails a person's expectations.

What Girls Said 2

• Because they haven't taken the time to think about their future and what's important to them. They seem to think they will always stay young.

• Perhaps some of them have and come up with nothing especially ambitious.

• they don't think about it

What Guys Said 2

• I'm one of them. IMHO the better question is:
    Who do some people actually know what they want out of life?

• As am I. I don't feel driven to achieve any particular goals. I go to work, do my job to the best of my ability, unwind, do housework... that sort of thing. I muddle along and do what can with what I have.

• shit happens