How can I get him out of depression over his ex girlfriend?

OK, so I have liked this guy for a couple months now. He broke up with his girlfriend a month ago and now he's super sad.

Guys what could a girl tell that would make you feel better? Nothing perverted! please

Also, we spent like four hours on IM yesterday and that was the first time we had ever talked and he just vented to me and we told each other funny stories and talked about music.

I haven't ever talked to him in public before but we have seen each other at a lot of concerts and the mall.

I really wanna date him but he's so sad about his girlfriend...Is there anything I could tell him to let him know everything is going to be OK and he will find another girl even better than her? We have so much stuff in common. Help! Also we exchanged #'s yesterday he texted me saying hey and stuff...Can I text him in couple of days? And should I text him at night?
2
0