Why is my ex-boyfriend doing this to me?!

so my ex boyfriend broke up with me after 2 months in march saying he wanted to "be friends". I found out later that he dumped me for another girl who happened to be a mutual friend who lives in Halifax. it was really hard for me to see them both, since I still loved him. he ignored me a lot, and he completely cut me out of his life; he wouldn't invite me to friend gatherings & he would talk to me only if absolutely necessary. I was really hurt; and it took me awhile to cope. I sadly ended up working with him this summer. the girl he likes left for Halifax during the summer and won't be back until september. he's been really nice to me at work; he tried inviting me over to his house, and various parties; offers me rides; compliments me and acts friendly around me. this is very odd to me. I don't feel I owe him anything, even friendship. seeing as I work with him I keep the tone neutral. why is he being nice now? when she gets back, I'm assuming that things will go back to as they were before she left and he'll start acting mean to me once more. I'm not sure what he wants or how to act. how do I deal with this? any help would be appreciated, thank you!

22

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants to hook up with you in the mean time...

What Guys Said 1

• Keep acting neutral, don't show any hints of interest. A similar thing happened to me. it turned out my ex just played with me because all her other guys were not available at the moment. Don't give in. if he talks to you after that other girl comes back then maybe he really sees something on you. Otherwise he just wants someone to mess with.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't show any mutual feelings towards him. Maybe he thinks that while his current girlfriend is away, that he can just play you and try to hook up with you in the mean time.

If you want to hang out with him, then you should. Just don't let him talk you into anything. Wait til his girlfriend gets back to determine anything. Other than that, just play it safe.

• Maybe just be nice and go along with it and see what happens. If you just wait it out, you will find out what he wants. People usually tell you what they want, as long as you read between the lines.