After you break up with a partner do you still care for them?

After you break up with a partner do you still careful for them ??

2211

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the person, my last ex I feel nothing because he was a very argumentative angry person... and by argumentative he would argue me on every little thing including things that are preference like colors. He would get so angry he would start name calling, when it happens once or twice you may chalk it up to stress or a bad day but when I noticed this was a pattern I walked away. If he's that nuts over miniscule things I couldn't imagine living with someone like that or starting a family so I look at it like I saved myself from a toxic peeson and pushed him from my mind. Other exes I've always cared for them as i did love them and even though it didn't work they're still good people who deserve to find their happiness. Those relationships weren't toxic though and more out growing eachother or cultural differences that lead to an end.

• Yikes! I bet your glad to be done with him!

• @akadatank44

yeah, maybe I watch too much crime shows but I don't want to be that picture on a tv screen while Chris Hansen narrates my death and my friends talking about the red flags but I stayed with him anyways😂

• Lmao I don't think it's possible to watch too much crime shows😂 but I get what your saying, dude was a bit of a lunatic 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• yes, because even on the most hardest issue when it comes to a break up. you can't think on why he/she or you both together would separate and you wish things could have been done differently. that way you can go back to those old happy memories. never leaving your side.

What Girls Said 21

• From my personal experience, yes. My relationship of 5.5 years just ended after my ex said he need time alone. We both expressed that we still cared for each other. I have no hate towards him, nor him for me. I think it all depends how the relationship ends (I. e. lying and cheating) and how the couple acted towards each other during the relationship.

• Depends on why we broke up but I may care for a week or 2 and after that usually they are dead to me. Could be Q shorter length of time.

• It depends highly on how long you were friends before dating, how long you dated and how it ended. It's all subjective and really each situation is completely different.
    But I think in most cases where it just didn't work out, you might not have love feelings but I'm sure there's a level of caring like an old work friend. You don't really think about them often, but when you do you wish them well

• I do.

• yes I think in some ways but it's never quite the same

• Ofc. Feelings don't evaporate in thin air after someone says they want to break up with you. But you learn do manage them and carry on in life. This is the key so you don't drown in your feelings.

• For me absolutely because I don't have casual relationships. I'm in it for the long haul so once you've been through a lot with someone you always have to care for them at least a little because they helped make you who you are.

• Sometimes. But I moved on

• Yeah. I think that's a given unless they deceived you or something.

• Depends. I mean I'll feel a bit sad if an ex got some serious disease or in an accident but beyond that I don't care much.

• Yeah I do

• Care for them? Yes, unfortunately.

• Yeah

• Yes. I give my heart. It doesn't just stop like nothing happened.

• A break up is a break up and there is a reason you broke up

• Of course... love is not a switch that you can just turn off.

• Mhm, I do..

• yeah, sometimes

• depends..
    but after some time I will care less.

• yeah i will still care

• i can still care for my ex. Doesn't mean I love them though

What Guys Said 10

• Depends like others have said on how it ended. If we ended on a mutual basis yes. If she cheated hell no.

• Immensely. He would still be someone that I loved very much.

• yes, but it gets less from time to time

• No...

• Generally.

• I usually do

• Not at all

• Yea, of course!

• Not really, no.

• yes, but if the relationship ended badly you don't have contact with them