I want to tell my ex boyfriend how I feel. Should I write him a letter?

So my boyfriend of 5.5 years just broke up with me last week. It was somewhat sudden for me, and all I could do is cry as he said he was sorry but he "needed his space". I couldn't express how I felt when it happened, and I feel like I was unable to tell him how I felt. now that I'm a little more clear-headed, I want to express my thoughts and feelings to him in order to bring closure to our relationship (not out of hatred, of course, as we still do care for each other). Do you think I should write him a letter? How long should I wait? Should I give him a written note or email? What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Neither. You should call him and express to him that way. I never fully understood "I need space" too much to be honest. It just seems like an odd thing to say that doesn't make sense as it's open and vague. Personally, I wouldn't wait too long to call him. I'd probably just call him as soon as I was mentally stable. So, compose yourself, think of what you want to say and say everything. Absolutely everything. Hope that helps.

• The thing is that he had been very stressed out for the last month or 2, and I believe he just hit his breaking point. I understand why he needs his space, as I know he doesn't handle stress very well. I just know he is unlikely to pick up his phone if I call him right now.

• The reason I suggested calling is due to the fact that he can hear your voice, your emotion. That will always have more of an effect than a letter or email can ever have. Though, I suggest an email, instead of a letter. Don't send a letter.

Most Helpful Girl

• u can write it maybe just for u or maybe after u write it take some time and if u see the need of letting him know. then u can send it (I would do that)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Write him a letter.

• yes write him a letter I did that to an ex of mine before and it made me feel so much better