Why would you ignore someone you care strongly about?

Most Helpful Girl

• You might fear a rejection of some sort. If something happened between you two, then you might fear it. I have that experience too. It's what happened to me. I feared the answer no from them.

What Girls Said 1

• Different people handle situations in different ways. There's no context to this question but as someone who ignores a lot of people they care about I feel like I can't bypass this question. Speaking from experience, I ignore people because if we've had an argument I personally need some time to be alone and think about things and process how I feel. This is just simply how some people deal. However, I know many females that ignore people they care about because they feel as though the person they are speaking to doesn't care, therefore in an attempt to get the other person to show they care they ignore them so that they are chased and feel wanted. An example is a female ignoring a guy's text to see if he will double message her. It's silly I know.

Hope this helps

What Guys Said 2

• There is this girl that I liked and still do. We were pretty close as friends at the time. I told her how I felt but she said politely that she wasn't interested. Now I find it hard most of the time to hang with her, especially alone like we used to. So most of the time I will ignore her texts or reply really late bc I don't want to be as close to her as I was. It just hurts to much.

• Sometimes we're most afraid of the rejection from the people we care the most about. So we stay away from them even though we love them. If someone is doing that to you, aka sure you let them know that you'll always be there.