Girls what should I do? Have you experienced this before? He broke up with me but i'm still in love with him?

My ex broke up with me 9 months ago. But I think I'm still in love with him and I can't get over him.

Every new guy I meet can't match up to him, I have zero interest in the guys that want to take me out. My zero interest is to the point where I'll make up some excuse when they ask me out.

I managed to go on a date with this guy who was perfect when we were texting, but when I saw him in person, I'm ashamed to say I didn't find him attractive (in comparison to my ex) and there was little chemistry with him during the date. I think he must've felt it too because our communication just slowly dwindled away in the following days. He has a girlfriend now but it doesn't matter to me at all.

My ex wasn't a model or didn't have stunning good looks. He wasn't a perfect boyfriend too. In the last few months we were together I cried a lot because I was so worried he was talking to other girls and I was just worried he fell out of love for me. I wouldn't say he treated me like a queen. He made me feel insecure and I hated that. But if afterwards he showered his attention on me, I bloomed. All the previous insecurity I felt went out the window.

So I should've been happy that I am free to date other guys who probably might treat me better right? But I just can't seem to find the attraction I had for my ex to other guys.

Perhaps it is because we were together for about 2 years but I'm hoping other girls with this same experience and/or who have moved on with some one else will give me some advice on what I should do.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally understand! I've had, and will some degree say have, the same problem. I can't offer you much advice and I'm sorry for that but I want you to know that I have experienced the same. I think everything takes time and eventually you will find someone that outshines him. Firstly you need to stop comparing people to your ex though, you're unable to move on to some degree because I don't think you've decided yet you want to yet. The best way to move on is to think about all the memories and then let go. Healing can't be rushed but you will wake up one day and be okay, I promise. I was. Always here :)

• Thank you for the advice!! :) I know I shouldn't compare people to my ex, but i can't help it, I catch myself thinking things like "This guy is not as gentlemanly as him..." etc. I agree with you that I'm not ready to move on. But it's been almost 9 months? Is that too long?

What Guys Said 1

• no one will ever be the same as him. if your searching for a replacement your going to ruin a ton of good relationship s

What Girls Said 1

• Hi i read your message and i want you to know that it so hurtful because i too have had such experience with y husband when we were young i never see who is more better than him because f the love i cry day and night. i will love you to mail me on my private mail thee are some important advice and step i love you to take and it will help you out to win him back and he will be a changed man forever message me on mccasart @gmail. com i will be waiting for your mail