Girls what should I do? Have you experienced this before? He broke up with me but i'm still in love with him?

My ex broke up with me 9 months ago. But I think I'm still in love with him and I can't get over him.

Every new guy I meet can't match up to him, I have zero interest in the guys that want to take me out. My zero interest is to the point where I'll make up some excuse when they ask me out.

I managed to go on a date with this guy who was perfect when we were texting, but when I saw him in person, I'm ashamed to say I didn't find him attractive (in comparison to my ex) and there was little chemistry with him during the date. I think he must've felt it too because our communication just slowly dwindled away in the following days. He has a girlfriend now but it doesn't matter to me at all.

My ex wasn't a model or didn't have stunning good looks. He wasn't a perfect boyfriend too. In the last few months we were together I cried a lot because I was so worried he was talking to other girls and I was just worried he fell out of love for me. I wouldn't say he treated me like a queen. He made me feel insecure and I hated that. But if afterwards he showered his attention on me, I bloomed. All the previous insecurity I felt went out the window.

So I should've been happy that I am free to date other guys who probably might treat me better right? But I just can't seem to find the attraction I had for my ex to other guys.

Perhaps it is because we were together for about 2 years but I'm hoping other girls with this same experience and/or who have moved on with some one else will give me some advice on what I should do.
1
2