Why do I keep thinking I will end up alone?

My boyfriend broke up with me about three months ago. I have been feeling pretty lonely lately. I know that time heals all wounds. I just feel like I'm untouchable. I feel like no one is ever going to want to be with me again. I know I am only 23 and that's kinda stupid to think. I just feel like its true. No one will love me or want me again. He was my first and only love. I just can't get the thought out of my head.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if he was your only one, then maybe that's it. You haven't had very many relationships to make you think that there will be others. The duration of your relationship could also be a factor. If it was a long relationship, then yeah... it's gonna hurt a while and it's going to hurt a lot, especially if the break-up was bad. But just push through and you will see that, in time, you will feel ready to find new love. Spend some time with friends and go out more than usual. Getting your mind off of it will help soothe your pain.

As for you ending up alone, no one can say. But you should understand that if you continue to go on moping and crying about it, you will end up being alone. I don't mean to be rude in saying that. But it's a fact that people who think they will be alone end up alone. So, spend a little more time letting your feelings out and then start spending time rebuilding yourself by going out with friends and getting your mind off of it. Then start believing in yourself and you will see that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

What Guys Said 2

• the concept you need is serendipity: link

link

link

• I think you think this for several reasons. 1) You may be picky and a good person is hard to come by. 2) you're just depressed right now and miss your ex and feel no one could ever replace him..

3)You're not happy with yourself.. and need to make some uplifting changes before you can be happy with someone else.

What Girls Said 4

• It'll heal as time passes by. =( Maybe you'll even meet someone who's going to make you feel so much more loved and never alone. Don't dwell in the past, move on.

• girl, me and my fiance have been together for 7 years, 1-1/2 years engaged and he broke up with me a month ago and we were supposed to get married this september! I'm not sayin I have it worse but as of now, I still think about him and it does hurt but what helps me get through it is "everything happens for a reason" no matter how bad it may seem and not true, it is true. I was moppin and crap and realized it was getting me nowhere. I've been going out with friends and honestly, it's very nice to be single. ENJOY IT! When you do find someone, you'll be glad you didn't spend your whole time being with one person. I'm your age, I'm 23 too. And yea it sux but guess what? HIS LOSS! Not yours. Keep your head up, quit moppin, get out there and give another a guy a chance that would LOVE to be with you. If you compare other guys to your ex, your not ready to date. Just go to night clubs and dance, flirt, be a woman! We only live one life girl.

• I think you have bought into the idea of soulmates, that there is only one person out there for each one of us. Not true! Depending on your age and your circumstances, you could be attracted to a wide array of looks and personalities. It's normal to feel hurt after a breakup, especially if your ex was your first everything (or anything). In due time, you just need to get out there and start dating again.

• well I think you shouldnt feel that way I felt like that before and I know howw you feel but just wait that right guy will come one day because I waited and that guy did come and I love this guy more then my X but things will get better