Is it normal that I still want to be physically close with my ex boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I just broke up after five years together. We still care about each other, but we just need time alone. I still have the urge to want to sleep with him and be physically close. Is this normal or unhealthy thinking on my behalf? I'm feeling lonely and miss the physical intimacy, but I couldn't even imagine being with another guy right now. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's perfectly normal; you miss him, is all!
    You know you want to get back together with him. The question is, SHOULD you get back together with him?

• That's exactly why we are spending time apart right now, to reevaluate our lives. I think I'm slowly coming to the realization that we a just 2 different people, heading in different directions. I think I'm just finding it hard to be alone after devoting my life to someone for 5 years.

• That's completely understandable - It's a big change! Best thing you can do is talk to people you know about it. Parents, older siblings, friends etc.

It's all well and good talking to randommers on the internet, but having someone you can confide in will be a much better option.

Most Helpful Girl

• you still love him and finding it difficult to move on just take a great step and end it off your heart

What Guys Said 3

• congrats you are my first comment or response... new to the app. Either way after my divorce my ex and I were the same way for a long time... eventually that led to her leaning against me several months after the divorce and some amazing you know what. The sexual tension just kinda of built up. However after it was realized that emotionally it wasn't good for either of us. I'd recommend finding a guy friend that has potential for "benefits" and unfortunately starving yourself of the intimacy for a little bit... once you build it up enough you will be ready to move on... until then amazon "adult" area is your friend.

• The problem is I don't want to sleep with another guy just to fulfill my needs. I still care for my ex and I would feel a lot of guilt if I slept with another guy right now (and I would probably be hurt if he did the same thing with another girl). Anyway, thanks for the advice and welcome to the GaG community! :)

• not at all I was in a 5 year relationship and i still wake up wanting her in my arms then reality dawns on me after a couple of mins... Don't try and replace that person with someone else it doesn't feel good

• Are you only intimate with people when been in a relationship?

What Girls Said 1

• It's normal you haven't moved on yet.