Is a divorce better than a bad marriage?

1216

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents got divorced when I was two and honestly I would rather have grown up in two happy homes then one miserable one

Most Helpful Guy

• yes, only if you can't make it work.
    these days most people get divorced because they are too damn lazy to make their marriage work, so they just get divorced.

What Girls Said 11

• It really depends. If it's just you and your partner, then yes. However, if there's a child involved, that may become a different answer. Hypothetically, if you had a child, you should stay married if you are civil enough to tolerate each other (the relationship just didn't work out; no bad blood). On the other hand, if you constantly fight and it could impact the child, I suggest you end the marriage before it further affects the child. (lol I'm guessing you don't have a kid but I wanted to give a full answer)

• If the marriage is completely unsalvageable, then yes. But if there's anything you can do to try to fix your marriage, you should do it.

• Yup.

• Yes.

• yep for sure

• If you can't figure out a way to improve the marriage then sadly yes.

• could be but of course try your hardest.. both of you

• yes.

• Yeah... better than fighting constantly and no love

• yeah if things are going bad it is the best decision to divorce

• sometimes

What Guys Said 15

• In most cases yes. An argument can be made if there's children involved.

• Kids involved? How long have you been married? What is the health of both partners? Are both capable of taking care of themselves financially?

• Yes, I think so. We even have a saying in Brazil: "Antes só do que mal acompanhado", that means: "Better alone than in bad company".

• Well, if y'all just ain't the people destined to be together then maybe.. But, I believe it's better to try yo best to work it out.. Get counseling, do some date nights, have fun together.. Stuff like that..

• Much better, yes.

• yes, especially if you understand the fact that even though you may not make good lovers, you do like things about one another as people hence friendship is possible. most people are just immature unfortunately..

• Very much so, staying together and forcing yourself to be happy, just for the kids, or because you think you can work it out is a losing game.

• painfully yes divorce hurts for a spell bad marriage bit longer voice of experience

• How much you making and was a prenup signed?

• depends how bad. there's no sense in being miserable forever or faking a good marriage. better to get out and start a new than suffer

• Yeah it is

• yes in my opinion. Better to get it over with before you have kids. If you do have kids, thats out of my jurisdiction.

• remember your past reason why did u marry her? it will give you a strenght 😁

just opinion

• I think it is, are you having a marriage problem?

• Pretty much. No point of being with the other person if you really don't want to anymore and feel unhappy around them all the time.