I've given up dating for good and I should be happy but I'm not?

I'm miserable, I miss cuddles and kisses. The fear of rejection and my heart being broken again has put me off and though I miss the closeness I don't miss the end part where I end up feeling unlovable. I do believe I've never been loved off a man so I just stopped trying to find it. I'm unsure if there is anyone in the same boat as me who can relate to what I mean? I don't think I could suffer another setback of heartbreak and tears. I was getting desperate for love I ended up doing some stupid things to please men and I hate myself for it now. is there anything wrong with me that chooses loneliness over finding true love? I've gone 36 years of nobody loving me what's another 36 years?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• 36 yrs? Where are you meeting these men? I'm not 100% into online sites, but they are the best in finding people with similarities to you without wasting time. Usually women and men around your age would already have a family and children. It could get really lonely and fruitless if you haven't had a partner past a certain age. I suggest just meeting more men. There's literally nothing else you can do. Maybe approach and be proactive?

Most Helpful Girl

• EVERYONE is scared of rejection and experiences loneliness in the absence of having a s/o. Everyone does stupid, senseless things in an effort of avoiding the loneliness that you are feeling.

Nothing about your situation is in any way unique to you and only you.

What Guys Said 2

• Another 36 years is the death of you. You can find love, but evidently NOT the way you've been doing it up to now. You need to change your game.

• okay first of you need to be comfortable around yourself. you shouldn't force yourself into a relationship because your lonely but because the other person enhances your life. you need to have some me time away from others probably make sure you're happy first. then when your are go and find some friends, don't actively look for a partner and you'll be more relaxed and more yourself

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!