Girls, would you break up with your boyfriend for your friends?

My girlfriend's close friends detest me and think she should break up with me because she's apparently too beautiful (which I won't deny) and that a medical student shouldn't date a "dangerous homophobic thug" such as myself.

They're very close so they have a big influence on her. Recently she's been posing odd questions about our relationship, like the disparity between our levels of education or financial status, topics which have never been an issue.

My girlfriend clearly feels stuck somewhere in the middle between me and her friends.

3

What Girls Said 3

• no. no matter how much my friends mean to me, i'd never let them dictate my life choices.

• I definitely would. My friends have always been by my side and everyone new in my life has to get along with them. I'm with my friends 5-6 days a week and if I had to fit a boyfriend into my schedule, there'd be a lot of times they'd have to be around each other. I know a lot of people just see less of their friends when they're in a relationship, but I don't see why my friends should be degraded just because I have a boyfriend. So back to the question: yes I would break up with a guy if my friends don't aprove.

• What if they disapprove for the wrong reasons? As in being quick to judge someone based on their appearance.

• I usually get my friends approval first. But if ibmet a guy without my friends around and they said he was too ugly, I would call them out on their bs and force them to get to know him. If they still didn't like him I would just wait for the honeymoon phase to be over and then kick him to the curb.

• i'd tell the friend to do 1