My ex won't stop texting me, and I can't help myself. What should I do?

So, my ex and I have been off and on these past few months. That is, until she started seeing other guys. She now says she's afraid of hurting me and doesn't want to be in a relationship with me. Ever since then, I've been trying to let go of her.

She tells me she still wants to be friends, which is something I can't tolerate. I've been trying to break it off, but she still texts me first, saying things like "good morning", "how are you?", "how's work?", and she tells me about her day. And every time she texts me, I can't help myself, and I always reply like nothing's wrong and that I'm actually okay with being friends (which I AM NOT!)

I really don't know what to do. Any advice?

I also really don't want to hurt her or have her hate me if I suddenly start ghosting her.
She also seems to text me almost everyday.

21

What Girls Said 2

• Tell her. Tell her you don't want to be friends and please stop texting. It's not fair to you that she keeps doing that. If she doesn't stop, even though you don't want to hurt her, blocking her may be the only other option, you need to take care of you.

• Why can't you just block/erase her number?

What Guys Said 1

• 'Can't help myself' Well an easy solution woukd be to get some self control/resoect. They are an Ex for a reason, drop them and move on.