When trying to getting over someone do you think it's better to have a break and let it heal or to distract yourself with someone new?

which one do you rather do and why?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Distracting yourself with someone new helps some. Just make surely they know what it is. There is nothing worse than falling for a girl who still has feelings for someone else and finding out after several months that you are just a rebound guy that she is sleeping with every night. Hobbies and other things will help too. Try to challenge yourself to meet some new goal like getting a Masters Degree or being able to run two miles in 13 minutes. Mainly the biggest thing that will help is time. That being said you should remove everything that has to do with your ex from your life. Remove them from social media. Get rid of or pack up any photos. Stop going places that they go. That way it won't hurt when you find out they are seeing someone else. Better to not know.

• it's more complicated, he is one of my best friends and he is gay

• So wait did he find out he was gay while you were together? Forget the friendship right now. Being around him will hurt you way to much. If he really cares about you he will understand. Once you get over him you can always attempt to be friends again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to have a break and let myself heal. I let myself be happy while being single and once I'm content without anyone, then I'll start dating again.

What Guys Said 5

• Neither, the best thing you can do is distract yourself with a hobby. Try something new or reinvest yourself in something you used to be interested in. Anything to take your mind off of it. If you distract yourself with someone new you'll probably just be comparing that person to the person you have feelings for and, mentally, that won't help you move on.

• Distract yourself with someone new. Just don't commit.

• Defo not someone new

• For me I've got tobstay busy in my head. ill start asking the wrong questions and itvall comes down to it doesn't matter why. it just is so get busy

• two words: fidget spinner

What Girls Said 1

• Have a break and let it heal... because it takes a lot of effort and time to be in a relationship and if i can't treat/heal myself, then i don't think it will be a good idea to jump in another...