Why are fathers are so overprotective?

this is mainly for all dads out there but any guys/girls can answer

25

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad used to say to my sisters, "no man will ever love you as much as your dad". I'm not a dad but I can only imagine. I have nieces and nephews and I don't care who I would have to hurt. Me, you , I would hurt anyone to protect them, because that's the only thing I know how to do...

Men know what other men/boys are capable of. Again, let's go back to my dad. I guess my dad was a heartbreaker when he was younger (according to mom and aunties) so when fathers and brothers are over protective, it's because we have used every line on someone and it worked. So we just go with telling our daughters/sisters that all men are scum to protect them from a broken heart/pain. But at the end of the day a father would never be able to forgive himself if something happen to his little princess and he wasn't able to stop it.

I can honestly say I hate to see my sisters cry. It hurts me more than anything, because I can't do a thing about it once it is already done. I'd rather prevent it from happening before it gets to that point.

What Guys Said 4

• Becuase so many guys are jerks and the girls are so overprotected they don't know how tohandle them!

• Because they know what little boys are thinking!

• Agreed with dragonfly6516. Having been a teenage male himself at one point, he knows all too well what they're capable of. And he doesn't trust them one bit.

• Because they love you and don't want anything to happen to you.

What Girls Said 2

• He's a guy. He KNOWS what he would do with a cute a young girl if her dad wasn't around.

• my mom says my dad is so protective because he's scared of karma..since he's hurt lots of women in his lifetime he thinks that it'll come back on him by guys doing that to me...He says that's partially true but its also because all guys are evil in their own way lol...

in my opinion I just think he's insane, I'm 19 he's still against me dating (which I do anyway), if I wear a skirt, tank top, shorts or anything tight..he's like heart attack central..he's threatened to kill 2 of my boyfriends the man is bonkers..but its so entertaining to get a rise out of him lol..he even tried to convince me to take HIM to prom..he was so happy when I ended up going alone even though he threatened to kick the ass of the guy who cancelled on me lol...

god help any guy that makes me cry because then that's a whole nother story involving his guns and rockweilers lol...

• Lool your dad sounds so funny, you must be happy to have a dad like him....

• Lol yeah he's hilarious...