Did I say anything wrong?

My boyfriend has been away on vacation. The day he left we had a fight in text over a misunderstanding. I still said sorry for something I never did. The entire time he was way, he was acting sorta distant but he would respond. He's coming back home today from the trip. I asked him if he needed a ride.

He asked me why would he be getting home and that it would be dumb of him not to have a ride ready beforehand. I told him I was just saying just in case you needed me, I was free to give a ride, as well. He told me to think about this, and asked why would he not have a ride already and he wouldn't do it as minute as it would be retarded to tell his ride nevermind after it was planned days ago. And that he would've said so two days ago if he needed me to get him. I told him I understand, but I was just throwing it out there and said it because I was willing to drive out to see him.

I told him the way he said it hurt me, because it didn't seem like he acknowledged that I wanted to see him. Rather than a simple, "I already have a ride, but thank you for offering bae." Instead, he just kept going on about how dumb it would be that he wouldn't have a ride. He then responds, "Okay. Can't see you. So and so is picking me up. Not you. Already had that set days ago." I tell him I just wanted something to tell me he had missed me too. He told me to piss off and asked me where in the conversation did he say he didn't miss me and that if that was what I wanted to talk about then I needed to "fucking say it then".

I honestly don't understand what I said wrong, and he just became angry out of nowhere. I don't know what to do.

12

What Guys Said 2

• If it's a misunderstanding, he's a dick about being that way still. He could've said peacefully that he already had a ride instead of being rude about it. You didn't do anything, it was a misunderstanding and he's a dick about being mad still.

• first of all, you should know that in general, guys tend to be a lot more openly mean to one another, and are a kind of chill hostile. So to me, either he's still mad about the argument, or that's just how he felt like talking

• Then what do you suggest I do? This always happens, and we constantly have miscommunication problems. I don't like the way he talks to me a lot of the times, and that is how we butt-heads: because we are not understanding each other.

• approach him on how it affect the relationship

• That is an idea. Thank you for the advice.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly if it's happening often and repeatedly and nothing is fixing it then dump him, I have a friend who had this problem and it just got to the point where all the relationship was doing was making her sad and feel really bad about herself.

• That's how I constantly feel now.

• It may not be what you want to hear but it'd probably be best just to break things off. Then either he'll realize he's needed up and try to fix it or you'll nice on and realize you needed better