What do you do with gifts that were from your ex?

What do you do with gifts that were from your ex?Is it appropriate to keep them? Get rid of them? Give them back? What do you do (or would you do) with gifts that were from your ex?

• Keep them
    64%(7)72%(13)Vote86%(6)
  • Get rid of them
    18%(2)11%(2)Vote0%(0)
  • Give them back
    18%(2)17%(3)Vote14%(1)

Most Helpful Guy

• depends what they are. i kept the small stuff she got me but threw out the rest.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they ask for it back, I will give it back to them. I am not a bogus ex. If they dont want it, I will get rid of it because time to start a new chapter. Now, my boyfriend now has drawn portraits of me and meaningful things to me. He worked real hard on them so I would get rid of those. I guess it all depends on what the gift was.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 9

• I donated a bunch of clothes and teddy bears and jewelry my ex got me to a Food Bank that also gives clothes and other things. I didn't wanna keep them because at the time looking at it was painful but I didn't wanna throw them away either. I asked my ex if it was okay for me to give The things to the Food Bank and he said it was fine and always a good idea to give to charity. we're kind of on okay terms so it wasn't a big deal.

• I would keep them (If he does not ask for them) and show them to my children and grandchildren and to tell them about a guy who has changed, to a greater or lesser extent, the course of my life.

• Unless you dump them the day they give you a gift, or it's an engagement ring gift, it's a gift to keep.

• Get rid of them.

• Depends what it is, most likely keep it!

• I would keep it.

• I would give them back if I was you.

• I keep them

• I would give them back or get rid of them. I don't need anything he gave me.