What do you do when you're trying to get over someone?

As a girl I usually listen to music, smoke some pot, eat junk food, sleep a lot, and resist texting the guy. After a few weeks I'll start going out and having a good time. What do the rest of you do (guys and girls)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Crying, eating junk food, being angry with the guy and constantly asking what's wrong with me is usually how I cope initially but it gradually shifts to working out, finding new hobbies, focusing on my career and trying to improve myself. This is the best way to cope I think, because not only does it take your mind off him, but it also improves your life. There's always other men out there. At our age hon, it gets harder to find them but that's why it's good to focus on yourself at the moment. Don't give up on love but at the same time pursue your dreams because a man can always leave but your career will always be there.

What Guys Said 5

• Take a trip- Europe?

• Work even harder at my job. Do more at the gym. Clean the house. Cook nicer meals.

• Do other stuff

• date someone like my personality

• Pot. Nectar for the lungs

What Girls Said 10

• When I was first dating, I would buy a tub of that awful premixed chocolate icing and cry while watching terrible rom coms. Now I just go cycling a lot.

• Just continue my life and improve myself more and more everyday. Not trying to think about the break up

• Get under someone else.

<3

• I completely distance myself from everyone and then I'm over them in a week.

• working out helps distract my mind a lot from things

• I find someone to replace them.

• Find someone else to distract me!!

• forget everything, and focus on my family and help my kids and husband as much i can

• Chatting here and drive other GAGers crazy with my insecurities lol...
    Time... then I meet someone new and and things get better.

• i erase them from my memory