Would leave controlling girlfriend if we didn't have a child?

Always controlling, always putting me down, I love it when she's not around , even my son says he wishes me and him could live together without mummy😢

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're unhappy and you can't fix it, you should leave anyway. It's not worth living an unhappy life for. You can still have both parents have access to and love a child without having to be together, it just makes it a bit more difficult.

• I really appreciate the comment/ advice. But do you have children / child. If not then you can't understand that goes for all the people that have kindly replied to my question. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but for those that have a child with a partner you will understand.

• I don't, no, but if you're going to dismiss the advice of those without children then you probably should have directed the question just to parents. However, I understand your point, I just don't think it was necessary. Meh, don't think of yourself then but your kid is not going to be any happier watching his father suffer in an unhappy relationship. There's no use martyring yourself for the child when realistically, it's not going to make them any happier in the long run anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• She will be out My door faster then the kitchen lights come on when one flips the switch on.

What Girls Said 2

• Why don't you go to court? If your son is saying he wishes he could live with you and not her, that says something.

• Well I'm seriously thinking about it, even now she's still moaning as I type this

• I know she needs me, she has no job she's Living in my house. I truly wish I could fuk her off. She has said exactly what you have said... you will never see you son again, I'm honestly at breaking point I know it sounds weak as I'm a male and we not suppose to show it... but I'm at that point now were I don't care.

• If you want to leave your best bet is to collect testimonies from other people, record conversations/arguments you have with her, etc... and then pray the court makes a rational decision (aka giving you custody).

• Is there any truth to anything she says?

What Guys Said 2

• you can stick up for yourself man. you don't have to leave her, just tell her to go fuck herself

• Hahaha, it's not about sticking up for myself it's about being happy surely. I could quite easy do that but don't forget there is a child involed?

• Trust me... I'm beginning to think day by day my girlfriend has bipolar. Seriously!!! Or just when she's around our son

• Jesus... how do you bring that up without her going off the deep end?

• Why don't you just stick up for yourself. Tell her to STFU next time she's putting you down?

• Trust me I have but don't want to argue with her in front of my son, otherwise I would, trust me!!!

• Now that again if we didn't have a child together would of been it, bye bye she goes. Simple.

• Thanks for the advice... I really appreciate it.