Girlfriend of 2 1/2 years going crazy. Has social anxiety and is mentally unstable. How do I get out?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been mentally unstable in the past. No matter how you do it, it won't be pretty. But if you can't deal with it, you have a right to leave and to not feel guilty about it. Just don't drag it out and be firm, but not harsh. Talk to her and be honest about how you feel. If you can, you should warn her family or close friends or even her therapist that you are breaking up with her, so that they can keep an eye on her just in case.

• Okay... here's a little more information about the whole situation. I live with her and her brother. Her brother also has anxiety and depression issues. He's had trouble holding a job before and owed me $350 for not being able to pay his portion of rent. About a month ago, their grandmother died which put him over the edge I guess. So he admitted himself into a mental hospital. He was in there for a week and hasn't been back to work yet, which has put pressure on my girlfriend and myself.

• I will do that. Thanks for your help.

• I hope it works out okay for you. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• She needs medical help and medicine to help it

• She won't get medicine. I think she should, but she just won't.

• I think you may be right.

• I know it doesn't sound fair to leave cause things are tough but if you don't either put your foot down or leave, it'll only get more difficult on you and the relationship

• tell her to seek help

What Guys Said 1