Why can't I get over a breakup that happened 3 years ago?

My question is am I normal? Why can't I stop thinking of him when he's the one that hurt me and broke up with me. Why do I still cry when I think of him. We dated on and off for like 4 years and he he is now in a happy relationship. He moved on and we haven't had any type of contact in the past 2 years, he basically ghosted me, the last time I messaged him he read it and never replied, he doesn't have me blocked , he just ignored me this whole time. Why does it still break me? Not a day goes by that I don't think of how it used to be. I can't accept the fact that it wasn't real and that our love was a lie. He decided to forget me and never look back why can't I do the same? I'm tired of hurting.. and I've dated but nothing compares, I've been single because I want to not because no one else wants me.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is a fucked up thing. You'll have to focus on yourself and let the past go. Once you're happy with yourself, you'll attract people, friends and positivity into your life. Don't hold on to memories that will never come back. Don't be sad that it ended. Be happy that it happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just learn to let it go. You are so clinging to this you don't allow yourself to let it go.
    Truly, tell yourself every day that you're not meant to be and get excited about the next person that will give you what you want and need.
    Be excited with life, friends and new people you will meet. Date a lot and DON'T compare the guys you meet with him. It's not healthy for you.

What Guys Said 4

• you haven't let go You have to accept the reasons for the break up and how you felt at that time no
    Not how wonderful the relationship was but accept it's gone it's dead move on x

• Hey I can feel your pain. The best thing to do is to go for rebound relationship. The reason you are missing him is because you are not going out with new people. Meet some new guys and explore something new. Old memories are like a boat with no directions floating on sea of memories. It's upto you to get off it or drift away. You also need to stop looking for him. No social media stuff. Take some time to realize what you can do make yourself feel better.

• i think it's happne with everyone.. and i am going through the same stage. you are not insane or pernoide...

• Oh don't tell me its taking that long, im ready for another alone year but not 3 years... Aaawwww

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you haven't gotten any closure as to why things ended, and sometimes it takes someone new to mend the broken heart hun... I don't believe that no one else wants you that is just crazy, there is always someone out there for everyone

• Let it go and move on. Every time you start to feel sad or start thinking about the relationship, do something you enjoy. Make yourself a better person. Easiest way to forget is to keep busy.