Would you accept this apology?

I dated a girl in highschool who obsessed about me. I liked it, but because of my age, my parents were strict and would have the teachers tell them if I did anything I wasn't supposed to with this girl. Even holding hands...
Anyway, she had a hard time with that, and she would always talk about how great the sex was with her ex boyfriend, but how we couldn't do it together.
She told me within a few months that she loved me, and she had been depressed and suicidal.
I broke up with her, because I couldn't even dead with my own depression, let alone help her, plus all the talk about sex pissed me off.

She then started to follow me around with a new boyfriend, and he and I started this immature beef with one another.
Long story short, she hated me.

It has been a while, and I felt bad for what I did, and just wanted to apologise. I friend requested her on Facebook, and she instantly denied it.

So I asked a mutual friend to pass along my apologies.
I explained that I wasn't ready for a relationship and shouldn't have been in one when I myself was suicidal, and I reacted to the situation poorly.
The girl agreed to pass the message, but asked if I wanted to know what she said.

I said that I didn't wish to be friends or anything, and also didn't want to bring her religious influence into my life again. I didn't want to know what she had to say.

Would you have accepted my apologies? Was this a waste of time?

11

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know the whole situation. Personally, it's difficult for me to see myself in her position because I would never act like that. She doesn't seem like the kind of girl you would want to get too close with. I think if she doesn't accept your apology, thats her loss. Forget and move on

What Guys Said 1

• Not to sound unsympathetic but, here's my rule of thumb. You fucked up and then compound it by saying you didn't want her response? Have you gone to counseling or a Dr. for depression? Leave it alone, its such trivial and non important shit. Sounds to me like you're trying to feed your own what, ego? confidence or lack thereof? I dont know bout this one! Accept the apology? I would just to keep HER away if this was a woman.

• I feel like you mis read that. I didn't care if she accepted the apology, I just wanted her to know I apologized.

I've been over my depression for years

• OK, I did misread it. Regardless if she got it or not you dont want to over apologize because some, SOME, women will try and take you for whatever they think they can.(KARMA ALERT) Way back when I was about 30ish, my lady & myself were fighting the whole way home & she's kicking my floorboard, glovebox & inside the door. I gave her 10 warnings, threw her out two blocks from home. She claimed she got raped, no police report filed. She had borrowed $2,000 from me the very day before all this. She was gone, I was cool with the loss and 2 years after all this, she was brutally raped... that's bad Karma & nobody deserves Karma like that, but its true.