Guys, Why would my ex-boyfriend text me out of the blue?

We spent 14 years together and broke up about 6 months ago, due to culture differences. Out of the blue yesterday, he texted saying that he just want to say hi and see how I am doing. Well I had some bad news about a friend who pasted way yesterday. So I texted my ex tonight, and told him I just needed to talk to someone and if he minded calling. Of course he called and we spoke for an hour, the conversation went well and we caught up a little about our lives, mainly mine. He was comforting about my lost and he ended the conversation with "It was good talking to you, take care." Now, why after all these months would he just call to see how I am doing? Guys do you think that he is missing me and may want to try things again or was he just checking up on me? What do you think?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• He misses your presence. It's ugly after 14 years to separate and forget all the good times..

What Guys Said 5

• When you spend a long time with someone, you become friends too. I think that call was just as a friend, but there's a small chance he misses you.

• Small chance? Man, this dude misses me. LOL

• Actually, that's just how he is. This is not our first rodeo. lol This has been going on for 6 years now. He tries to be all cool, but I know where this is going.

• Alright, if you know the answer already, then I wish you luck girl

• Probably horny and couldn't find anyone else to fuck

• I honestly think that he is just alone and bored. Figured he got nothing to lose by messaging you. Wouldn't think too much into it.

• he misses you. he doesn't want to feel alone

• You were together for longer than a decade
    he obviously wanted to talk to an old friend.