My ex sent me a long text giving me lame excuses, but his last message got me emotional. What to do?

Months after my ex and I broke up, I found out that he was a cheater, and I found some screenshots of him texting another girl too. He got to know that I have the screenshots, and he sent me a looong message, lemme summarize it here.

"I know it doesn't matter anymore. I was immature, and immature people make mistakes, right? Even I did, but cheating is not one of them..." blah blah blah then he stated that he saw that girl as a sister and it is okay to use thay language with a sister, but he's still sorry that he has cheated "from my perspective". It's the end of his text that got me emotional, and I'm quoting it right here:

".. I don't know for how many more days I am gonna be stuck in this salmon colored room with a photo of two sea otters hanging from the wall.." Once I told him that if we marry then our bedroom will be salmon color, and I often sent him random pictures of sea otters and told him "oh look I found our picture". That got me so emotional. He still misses me.

I didn't let that make me feel in love again tho, I sent him back a long text that roasted the shit out of that asshole, I even told him that he will miss me forever and eventually die in a salmon color room with a picture of sea otters hanging from the wall. I still hate him. What did he do when he should have done this madness? He mentally tortured me.

But I can't stop thinking about it... he painted his wall and all... why is he doing this? Have I really been so harsh? I'm getting all sentimental with this, help me! :(

Also, he wasn't simply "texting" another girl. He used to flirt with this one extremely beautiful girl, pm for details. But when I simply told my guy friend a hi, he would get furious with me so not only was he a cheater but he was also a hypocrite.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is just using you and if he treated you rudely (when you texted "hi" to a guy) he is not worth but are you sure that he was flirt texting with the other girl?

• Yes. I even have screenshots for proof.

• then just ignore him and move on, maybe he is trying to get you back by these emotional messages so just don't pay attention to it

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't truly love you neither does he respect you. He just wants you to believe that he has changed. Trust me I've been through this before. Don't let him deceive you focus on the future because I'm sure there are lot of guys out there who would love you unconditionally!
    There is nothing bad in being friends with him but make him feel bad by telling him to move on.

What Guys Said 8

• its a very emotional post. I wasn't able to read the full post as i am also the emotional person. I can understand how it feels when somebody cheated on us.

• block him change your number and never move back wards in life always forward

• well - my suggestion:
    both of you are humans - none of you worse than the other
    what do you / does he fulfill by criticizing each other - whats behind it? ( you know better than me)
    what are both of you desiring when you miss the other one? - i dont see any bad intention - just what both of you miss now.
    my point is: look beyond the surface of behaviour and ask why the behaviour occurs - what the purpose/ the need is!
    all the best

• ... exactly what was this cheating event?

• Just let go of the past and move on life is beautiful and you should enjoy it

• Third world problems- You are a cheater if you text another girl while you are in a relationship

• He wasn't simply texting her. He was flirting with her and literally even told her that if she finally agreed to be with him, then he would dump me for her.

I'm very social and have a huge circle of guy friends. I never minded him texting girls but I never suspected that he would misuse my trust.

• Move on

• tell him to. move on.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!