No contact, keep doing it or respond to ex?

It's been about 5 days since I've been doing no contact on my ex fiance. He's already reacted angry and passive aggressive in desperation for a response ("I'll just block your number I guess so I won't message you anymore...", etc.) And when that hasn't worked, I finally got a somewhat interesting text message saying "I hate to admit it but I miss you"... And he's then been trying to call me on Facebook messenger, call my phone, anything possible. I also noticed he's trying to re-add me on Facebook now... He's still sending me messages like "I'll leave you alone I guess"...

So my question, is what he is doing sincere or is it just another thing he is trying to get the satisfaction of a reply? Should I hold out with nc for an actual, definite renconcilation attempt? Because I've read that a lot of this behavior could also be breadcrumbs from your ex.

192

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get it if you don't like him block him and if u still do respond.
    Pretty simple really.
    There's no point playing mind games and ignoring. It's mentally draining in my opinion your still thinking so much.
    I say respond if u want to date again if not block and bye

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I'm in the position to say this but this is just an opinion (coming from a 15 year old girl who loves analyzing things):
    - It depends on why you broke up. Was it his fault? Your fault? Does he feel guilty about it?
    - Was he faithful to you?
    - If anything, he's your ex-FIANCÉ, you should know him better than the people here, do you think he's sincere?
    - Does he change his mind a lot? Cause if he does, like as you described his actions, you probably shouldn't just take him back like instantly. Make sure he's serious. You don't want heartbreaks for the second time.
    - When you broke up, was he devastated? Angry? Mad? Pissed? Like he would be desperate? Think about those.

What Guys Said 1

• Got almost same situation here, only changed gender πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ... Listen to what all the clever Girls before told ya. Please search distance, as much as u can get and Please try not touch or bring him back into your Life πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚. Good luck

What Girls Said 18

• Please ignore him, sounds like he has controlling issues. I recently had to let go of an ex like this who I found out was either narcissistic or had narcissist tendencies. I had to block him after a couple of times but now I feel like a relief over me. He can't toy with my emotions anymore. Look into "Hoovering narcissist" and you can see if your ex is one

• If he dumped you the only message you should respond to is "I want to be with you again" Any other variation of messages is just him wanting attention and sseing if you are still into him.

• Look, this all depends on the reason behind "no contact"

Is your objective to get back together? Well, this person is your ex fiance... ended an engagement. The possibility of getting back together is high, considering this person once proposed to you, their feelings are still there.

But ending an engagement is alarming... are you sure you were happy? Was he really happy with you?

You know him better than we do, is he hot and cold with you? If so, maybe no contact for at least 30-60 days will give you time to overlook the relationship. Perhaps you won't want him back after the rose coloured glasses are taken off.
    To answer your question, is he genuine? Maybe... but he's acting immature by giving you guilt trips. You could tell him you are taking space to think so he ex doesn't think you are ghosting him.

• Don't fall for it! Keep the no contact.

• If you broke up with your ex, you shouldn't be talking to your ex. Which means you don't just block, you delete and block. Get rid of everything, and only contact if you or he have your personal belongs so that you can send it back. Move on. 9/10x they want sex and that's the only reason they want to talk to you back.

• He's an ex for a reason. Just let him go. Delete him from social media if you have to. The whole "no contact" game is probably so exhausting to keep up with for the both of you. Wish you the best. ✌🏻

• every guy is like that after breaking up. only after break up they realize what has happened. do not pay attention and do not get back with him. if you do you will always have doubts that you shouldn;t have done it.

• Passive aggressive ass... Sounds like a narsicist person. Even if he loves you, it is a sick love. Run as fast as you can.

• I think giving the silent treatment is the narcissistic arrow isn't it?

• he's an ex now, i would just stop all contact and block. He might really miss you or he might hate the fact he's not getting any attention. I don't know its up to you really..

• What was the reason for the break up first?

• Don't do it block him he sounds psycho

• If I were you I would talk to him but make it seem like you aren't interested in getting back together. Just be like 'whatever'. Pretend that you don't care. That's how you can find out if they are sincere

• Well first of all what happened between you guys?

• He is trying to get you back. If you dont intend on going back. to him anymore, then you need to just ignore him. Or tell him to stop messaging you because its really over.

• Block him for a week. On FB and on phone.

• Block him man

• Just go live your life have fun. If he really wants you, he will definitely show it!

• Keep doing it! Be strong and don't give in