Do you all find it difficult to remain friends?

I tried my hand at dating this girl a while back we hung out for a while, but we wanted different things. Even thought that didn't work out, she kept on wanting to do stuff with me, drinks on weekends, clubs, BBQs whatever. I still want to see her, that much is clear to me, but maintaining this relationship is a bit of torture. I have been distancing myself and she pushes to move closer, even gets po'd at me for not coming out with her.

I've never remained friends with any girl that I've had a relationship with or dated in the past, once done it was all done. How about you all?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried to do that with my ex. You can't move on if she's there. Let her go. When she asks, just apologize. You aren't over her still and you need to be away from her. if she gets mad, fine, but do what you need to for yourself because that's what she's doing for herself. It's hard to cut off contact and it takes a long time. it took me two years. You need to move on and cutting off contact is the only way to do so. It will not be easy to do so, but try. Be stubborn. Trust me, time will help you heal and you will move on eventually.

What Girls Said 1

• I never maintain friendships either. There are just so many possibilities for awkwardness, hard feelings, and for it not to work out, I haven't ever found it worth it to put much effort into maintaining a friendship.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's cool to remain friends with your exes, but only as long as you're able to get over them and find a new girlfriend. If things don't work out, then there's no reason why you two shouldn't be friends. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of girls out there to have fun with.